Pasquotank-Camden EMS can only be as strong as the technicians we employ. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional work environment in which employees are free to grow professionally and personally while being well compensated for their dedication. We believe our organization begins with the people who make it. Our employees are the ones who directly serve the community. Our committed workforce ensures that we provide the services our customers need. We are committed to not only bringing in the right people for the job but keeping them and growing them throughout their careers. Any current postings are indicated on the left.
As a department of Pasquotank County local government, we offer:
Local government retirement benefits
Health insurance plans
Paid vacation and sick leave
Paid in-service training
The search starts here! For job opportunities available at Pasquotank-Camden EMS, see the Current Job Openings page on the official Pasquotank County Website. A Pasquotank County Employment Application can also be downloaded from here.
All applications must be completed and returned to the Pasquotank County Personnel Office. After screening, the Pasquotank County Personnel Office will forward the applications to the EMS Department to begin the EMS Hiring Assessment process.
Pasquotank-Camden EMS is currently seeking applicants for a pre-hospital care provider to join our progressive, fast paced team. Duties will include providing pre-hospital emergency care and associated skills at the basic and/or advanced level. Pasquotank-Camdem EMS operates out of one centralized headquarters located in Elizabeth City, NC and three satellite stations located in the more rural areas of both counties. A system of high-quality pre-hospital care is provide to a diverse urban and rural population of around 50,000.
Applicants must have
1) High School Diploma or GED
2) Current pre-hospital certification at the Paramedic, EMT/AEMT level by the North Carolina Office of EMS or ability to obtain legal recognition
3) Possession of a valid driver’s license
4) Good physical agility and ability to perform duties
5) Ability to pass local medical board, if necessary & provide documentation of continuing education hours for verification
6) Current course completions preferred in Basic Life Support, Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Supoort, Pediatric Advanced Life Support & Advanced Cardiac Life Support where appropriate
Salary Range based on current fiscal year:
Basic: $32,171 ($15.47 hourly) and up depending on years of service
AEMT: $34,856 ($16.76 hourly) and up depending on years of service
Paramedic: $38,889 ($18.70 hourly) and up depending on years of service